Pet Valu - Pet Specialty Retail Franchise
Passionate about pets? Join Pet Valu - Canada's largest pet specialty retail chain.
- Vancouver, BC
- Total Investment:
- Available on request
Join Canada's Largest Specialty Pet Franchise
Available Now In Canada
Pet Valu franchises are now available in Canada. Find out everything you need to know, including the cost to start this franchise in minutes here!
About The Company
Pet Valu Canada Inc. is the largest pet specialty retail chain in Canada. Pet Valu offers a broad selection of national, premium, and private-label brands when it comes to supplies for dogs, cats, fish, birds, or small animals. We are proud to consider ourselves “Animal Care Experts”.
Pet Valu started in Toronto in 1976, and by 1987 we were opening our first franchise. Today, there are more than 680 Pet Valu and affiliated brand stores throughout Canada.
The passion of Pet Valu franchisees is obvious: Pets! Our franchisees demonstrate this through the personalized service and attention to detail in selecting the right care and nutrition for each and every pet. With a compelling and engaging retail experiences through in-store and digital channels.
Why Choose Pet Valu?
Pet Valu follows a proven owner-operator model with dedicated franchise territories, and highly flexible, adaptable formats to fit local needs. As a Pet Valu franchisee, you’ll gain access to the tools you need to operate a successful business.
You will have a store build-out comprising of:
- Complete set-up with a proven store design
- Leasehold upgrades supervision
- Store equipment ordering and installation
- Grand opening support
- Best in class inventory control with more than 200 vendor relationships
- Expired food coverage for new and established stores
- Shelf stocking and merchandising best practices
What Does Pet Valu Do?
Pet Valu has worked hard to create a well-regarded brand and reputation for over 45 years. We are now one of the best-recognized pet retail businesses in the country.
Along with a turn-key store operation, each franchisee will receive three weeks of training; including two weeks of in-store hands on training at an existing Pet Valu store under an experienced operator’s supervision. The third and final week is our virtual head office training, where you will cover topics including:
- Daily operation procedures
- Product knowledge
- Pet care
Pet Valu franchisees receive ongoing support from our Operations team and their Franchise Business Consultants (FBC). With your FBC’s ongoing operational support and frequent on-site visits, they provide a wealth of expertise and experience in the field to help you successfully establish your business in the community. Additionally, you will receive support from our in-house marketing team, who will help you brainstorm, design, and execute local advertising campaigns.
- Purchasing and warehousing of more than 7,000 national and premium brand pet foods and supplies
- Industry-leading private label programs, including one of the broadest private label brand assortments of pet foods, supplements, and supplies in Canada
- A well-established brand name with a reputation for excellence in quality and service
- New store marketing co-op for local marketing
- New store royalty relief during start-up
- Sound reputation and strong relationships with developers and landlords – a significant advantage when competing for key plaza space