If you're looking to own a business in the hospitality industry, like a bar or restaurant... keep in mind the high overhead costs and success rate. COVID really pointed out who had a strong business model and who didn't. Education is the way to go. No expensive inventory to manage.
It is a very fun hospitality related business that also makes great money. The pandemic did put a slight damper on sales for a year, but we’re back to pre-pandemic numbers now. We're even exceeding them now with very full classes for the last few months!
* Over 40 years in business in Vancouver, now in Downtown Vancouver
* Very high profit margin, without the same risks that come with a restaurant or bar
* Flexible operating hours
* Part time staff (less than 40 hours of class time each week with the option to increase that)
* Very cheap rent for downtown at $2100/mo + GST and utilities for rent... that's it
* New 2 year lease in place with renewal option available
* Dominant #1 ranking in all the major search engines
* 5 star rating... and way more reviews than any competition
Each year this place makes great money, so it's a matter of keeping the website running and advertising. This business is priced to reflect the profit it makes. All inventory is included in the price. Expect to recover your investment in about 2 years depending on your level of involvement (labour cost) and the number of classes you want to run!
There is also the opportunity to scale this business up with additional locations. We have the program and model which can be built into a franchise model. This is a brand that once stretched from coast to coast across Canada and could do so again with the right person or team.
Today it's much more of a social media game. We're expected to be entering 'boom times' again... so a great opportunity for someone to come in and make some great cash.
For the dominance in the market... this business should be commanding a much higher price for the ROI. We are #1 in Google for all relevant search terms, and now only 1 of 2 schools providing these services.
This could be a hands-off business for you by hiring the right manager. It could be a hands-on business where you are part of the day to day activities. For the amount of fun the classes are, it is worth being part of the day to day activities.
If you are wondering if you have what is required to succeed, all you will need is
- a desire to help people first
- consistency & reliability
- an ability to solve problems
Bonus skills, but you can hire people with these skills
- you have taught something
- you have mixed cocktails at some point, either at home or getting paid for it
- basic WordPress skills, for updating the website
- social media content building / ads
For the right buyer, I am willing to stay on and help with covering the occasional class or help out with training. My reason for selling is retirement. It is time to do some serious travelling, but I am eager to cover the occasional class when back in Vancouver.
Serious inquiries only. Have a look at the photo gallery for recent pics of the full classes we have. I’m not looking for trades or alternate financing options. Email me (the contact page on our website has all those details) with any questions and we can meet for a coffee. DO NOT DISTURB THE STAFF.
For more information, please contact us by using the form below.