Canada’s vast and beautiful wilderness offers amazing landscapes that attract visitors from all over the world. This combined with Canada's reputation as a safe place to travel makes Canada a world class destination.
Canada is an ideal choice for American outdoor enthusiasts. There are more than 45 million Americans that fish; which represents approximately 16% of the population over the age of 42.
More Americans fish than play tennis (10.4 million) and golf (24.4 million) combined. The Canadian Tourism Commission research found that Americans were more likely than Canadians to stay in remote accommodations (fly-in lodge or outpost camp). Within the lodge industry, the “remote” sector appeals to guests who are willing to pay a premium over guests of road- accessible lodges.
Remote fishing/hunting lodge guests are interested in observing Canada’s beautiful scenery, unique character and taking in northern icons (e.g. bush planes and northern lights).
Large scale lodges (45+ guests) have clientele that is often made up of 90%+ US visitors. Many large-scale lodges have a long history of repeat clientele.
Main Base in Southern Ontario where guests are transported by aircrafts to the 12-outposts in Northern Ontario.
Each outpost is located on one of ten fantastic freshwater lakes. These lakes have reliably excellent fishing conditions with an abundance of fish every year. These lakes are teeming with Canada's most sought-after game fish; walleye, small & largemouth bass, lake trout, northern pike, muskie, and perch.
Sustainable Business and Growth Prospects
- In business for 36 years and has an outstanding reputation
- Outstanding 5-Star Reviews on Travel Websites
- Growth available by acquiring other outpost locations and converting them to higher end accommodations
- Can increase charter revenue by flying for more lodges and other flying services
Steady growth in revenue and profits
- 90% occupancy rate
- 80% repeat customers
- 80% of reservations are booked by November 1st for the following season
- All customers come from the US
- All pricing is in US dollars
- Minimal future CapEx
- 12 extraordinary outposts located on 10 lakes in the most beautiful part of Northern Ontario with superb views of the northern lights
- Immaculately maintained fleet of 4 float planes that include 2 Turbine De Havilland Otters, a De Havilland Beaver, and a Cessna 185
- Clean fully-equipped facilities including satellite phones and solar energy systems
The lodge’s operating season lasts 5 months from May to September with peak season being June to the end of August. The fishing customer profile is:
- Household income $100,000+
- Males make up 88%
- Average age for males is 56
- Average age of females is 54
- Growing trend towards multi-generational trips including females, children and grandchildren
To enquire, you will need to complete our Investor Verification Process and sign a Buyer Consent Form.