This well established and highly regarded manufacturing business gained prominence within the industry as a result of a line of custom made, high-quality, specialized products. Due to exceptional product performance and innovative design techniques the business has grown to include a national customer base, while retaining a very loyal, local following as well.
The company specializes in 3 product lines plus a small custom segment. Each specialized product lines can be expanded by servicing more private and government entities throughout BC, Alberta and Washington State.
The owners have effectively tested and proven their place in the market which has allowed them to be an industry leader since the mid-90’s. The business has always placed high value on the importance of the skilled labour component and has harvested and maintained a long-tenured work force of around 50 employees, resulting in the business being a sought-after employer. Through investment in production technology, the company can increase production with limited additional labour. This business has the capacity to increase production 60% - 100% with the addition of just 10 - 12 new position fully in the current space fully utilizing its production technology.
In addition to fabrication, custom design and product manufacturing, the company possesses several expansion opportunities through its intellectual ownership of over 75 product designs of which 10+ could be mass produced and shipped throughout North America through the expansion of a dedicated production facility.
The business operates out of 2 locations adjacent to each other, both owned by the principles. The main location is 5 acres of which 60% is used for the business and the other 40% could be developed to build a specialized facility for mass production. The second location uses a 6,000 sq ft building and a small secured outside storage area.
The business has solid management in place. The key manager, in his early 40’s, does have a small ownership position and is committed to the company long term. The principal owner dedicates 6 – 10 hours/week to the business, and his partner does casual work as desired. Both positions are managed by other staff when the principles are away. They travel for periods of up to 8 weeks at a time.
The principles do have 2 other manufacturer business interests on the adjacent property that they intend to sell in the next 6 months to 5 years as they wind down to full retirement. Both would be complimentary to this business. The buyer of this company will have first rights of refusal to acquire these 2 other entities. Either entity would add substantially to the EBITDA of this business.
Located on Vancouver Island, this business services a vast spectrum of clients throughout British Columbia and Alberta, and with the current value of the Canadian dollar, the US market demand has good opportunity.
This business would continue to thrive under the ownership of a driven and ambitious new leader. The new owner will reap the lasting benefits of a very firmly established, customer-retention focused operation.
The weighted 5 year weighted normalized EBITDA is $769,450 (5-year historical and current).
YE Revenue August 31; $6,207,000 - 2021; $5,990,000- 2020; $6,500,000- 2019; $6,218,000 - 2018; $6,395,000- 2017.
Normalized EBITDA $564,000 - 2021; $813,000 - 2020; $1,083,000 - 2019; $796,000 - 2018; $422,000 - 2017.
Asking price is $4,500,000 including $2,000,000 inventory/WIP
Real estate also available. $5,400,000 for 5 acres. 8%+ ROI. Several rental units to other parties on this site.
Contact Michael Naprawa at IBC Business Brokers Inc. for more information at or e-mail